2006 Summer Mountain Ride East
June 23 - 24, 2006
It's over... a great time was had by all. Andy took a some great pictures, they can be seen at: http://www.mctourer.com/rides/2006SMR/Photos/Index.html
The 2006 Summer Mountain Ride will again be held in Bryson City, NC along with Andy's Smoky Mountain Rough Road Ride.
You'll have a couple options for planning your weekend: Join us in Bryson City Thursday evening or meet us in Helen, Georgia on Friday.
We'll be heading out from Bryson City Friday morning to enjoy some great roads on the way to Helen, a picturesque Bavarian Alpine village in the beautiful mountains of North Georgia. After spending a couple hours sampling the schnitzel, wandering through the shops, and watching the armada of tubers floating through town on the Chattahoochee River we head north for dinner. After a brief stop to listen for banjos at the Chattooga Gorge we continue on to Sylva, NC, where we'll meet up with the Rough Road riders for dinner at the historic Jarrett House.
Ride headquarters will again be the Ridgetop Motel & Campgrounds in Bryson City, NC. The owners of the Ridge Top, Ron and Darlene Pickett, offer our group a great rate ($50 for one bed, $55 for 2 beds, campsites also available) and enjoy having motorcycle riders stay at their motel/campground. Be sure and mention the the MTF Summer Mountain Ride when you call for your reservation. Make your reservations early. Motels in this area fill up fast at $100+ rates.
Riders will need to register for the ride through: Jason Jonas' Ridemaster
A List of Participants will be maintained through the registration process.
Online registration ends Tuesday, June 19, 2006
Pre-ride Registration is encouraged. During the registration process you will be required to consent to an Agreement and Waiver. Review it thoroughly before registering for this ride. Walk-in Riders will be accommodated if they sign the Agreement and Waiver at the site.
Game Plan Friday June 23rd
If you want to make a donation to the MTF, you will be provided the opportunity to do that during the registration process. Payment information will be provided at the conclusion of the registration process.
Ride to **Helen**, **GA** 9:00A
Eat, shop or sightsee in Helen, **12 noon** - 2:00P
Ride to Sylva, NC 2:00P
Dinner at Jarrett House, 4:30P*
* Reminder: Dinner is $15, including tip (cash, only) and we
need a head count by Thursday. Contact Andy or John.
*We’ll be riding some great roads on the way to Helen, including NC28 to
Franklin, GA180 and the Richard Russell Scenic highway, with a stop at
* If you are coming in Friday and want to meet us in Helen for the ride
to dinner at the Jarrett House in Dillsboro, we’ll leave Helen at 2pm.
Meet us at the Municipal Parking Lot at Unicoi & Dye Sts. Unicoi is one
block south of and runs parallel to Main St (GA17). Dye crosses **Main
St** at the west end of the downtown shop area. The GPS coordinates are
N 34 42.028 W083 43.938.*
* There are also some nice twists and turns in store for you on our ride
from Helen to the Jarrett House.
Download the the S&T or the Mapsource files for the Helen Ride:
Game Plan Saturday June 24th
Saturday's main activity at the Summer Mountain Ride/Smokey Mountains
Rough Road Ride will be a Poker Run. The following guidelines apply:
- Poker Run participation is voluntary. You can come to the
Summer Mountain Ride/Smokey Mountains Rough Road Ride and do your own thing.
- Sign-in for Saturday only riders will be from 8:00A till 9:00A, others may sign in Friday evening.
- Entry Fee for the Poker Run is $10
- We will play 5 card poker. Please reference. Hoyle for poker hand ratings
- The poker run begins and ends at the Ridge Top Motel and participants may visit any of the 19 other stops shown on the paved road poker run map or the 6 other locations on the rough road map in order to fill out their hands (must show proof of each stop visited)
- All cards will be drawn from 5:00P until 6:00P Saturday
- Any ties will be broken by "cutting for the high card"
- All money taken for the poker run will be paid back as prizes to the best and second-best 5 card poker hands(probably 66% first place, 33% second place)
Click here to download S&T file of Poker Run Stops
2006 Paved Road Locations for Poker Run
2006 Paved Road Poker Run Stops
1. RIDGETOP MOTEL & CAMPGROUND |
2. LOAFER'S GLORY STORE
3. TALLULAH GORGE STATE PARK
4. TURTLETOWN, TN
5. BALD RIVER FALLS
6. PISGAH FISH HATCHERY
7. TOWNSEND, TN
8. CLINGMAN'S DOME
9. SUGARLAND VISITORS CENTER
10. BRASSTOWN BALD
11. JOYCE KILMER MEMORIAL FOREST
12. WHEELS THROUGH TIME MUSEUM, MAGGIE VALLEY
13. CAESAR'S HEAD STATE PARK
14. WATERROCK KNOB VISITORS CENTER, BRP
15. CROSSROADS OF TIME, DEALS GAP
16. STEAK HOUSE CAFETERIA, WALHALLA, SC
17. BILTMORE ESTATE, ASHEVILLE, NC
18. HOT SPRINGS, NC
19. MT. MITCHELL STATE PARK, BRP
20. CHIMNEY ROCK, LAKE LURE, NC
2006 Rough Road Locations for Poker Run
Pictures from Past Summer Mountain Rides:
Ridge Top Motel
[ MTF Home ]
[ Forum Guidelines ]
[ MTF Merchandise ]
[ MTF Calendar ]
[ MTF Tourer's Assistant ]
[ MTF Emergency Tags ]
[ MTF Commision Program ]
[ MTF Honors Page ]
[ Touring Links ]
[ Photo Album ]
[ MTF Logos ]
[ MTF Business Cards ]
[ MTF Gold Dealers ]
[ MTF Past Events ]
Copyright © 2001-2005 Motorcyle Tourer's Forum. All rights reserved.
For Questions or Comments about this site contact the Motorcycle Tourers Forum.