MTF Refund Policy
The Motorcycle Tourer's Fourm has developed a refund policy designed to be generous, by refunding any monies not committed by the organization. We believe this policy will encourage early registration for our events by eliminating the fear the registrant may have of losing their money in the event of a change in plans.
Withdrawal Before Registration Closes:
- Iron Butt Certification: Fully refundable.
- Plaques and mementos: Fully refundable.
- Banquet Fees: Fully refundable.
- Event Shirts: The cut off date for event shirts varies. Generally, event shirts must be ordered 6 weeks prior to the event. This is typically before the close of registration. This means that shirts may have been ordered based on paid registrants as well as an estimate regarding those who might register between the time we order shirts and the close of registration. If the estimate is wrong and a rider's shirt is needed for another registrant or the shirt can be sold at the event, the price of the shirt will be fully refunded. If a rider's shirt is not needed or cannot be sold at the event, a refund will not be issued and the shirt will be shipped to the rider.
- Donations: We assume that donations were made to promote MTF's activities and therefore are not refundable.
Withdrawal after Close of Registration
- The same policy as "Withdrawal before Registration Closes," except for Banquet Fees.
- Usually the host hotel and/or caterer require a headcount 30 days prior to the event. In this case, it is likely that banquet fees will not be refunded. If the hotel and caterer are willing to reduce the MTF's commitment to them, the banquet fees will be refunded.
Refund of Long Distance Rides not completed
- If a rider is unable to complete a ride, fees for IBA Certification, plaques and/or mementos will be fully refunded.
Procedure for Issuing Refunds
- Past experience indicates that many riders prefer to donate their eligible refund to the MTF for promotion of future events. When a refund is warranted, the Event Manager will email the rider, asking the rider if they would like a refund in accordance with the refund policy or if they would like to donate all or part of the refund to the MTF General Fund.
- If a full or partial refund is requested, it will be processed within two weeks of the conclusion of the event.
[ MTF Home ]
[ Forum Guidelines ]
[ MTF Merchandise ]
[ MTF Calendar ]
[ MTF Tourer's Assistant ]
[ MTF Emergency Tags ]
[ MTF Commision Program ]
[ MTF Honors Page ]
[ Touring Links ]
[ Photo Contest ]
[ MTF Logos ]
[ MTF Business Cards ]
[ MTF Gold Dealers ]
[ MTF Past Events ]
Copyright © 2001-2017 Motorcycle Tourer's Forum. All rights reserved.
For Questions or Comments about this site contact the Motorcycle Tourers Forum.